Send me a message on my linkedin or email me at jamesagould123 (at) gmail.com.
What is this?
I work professionally as a web developer, activist, and harm reductionist. This is a resume of my activist work.
I'm currently looking for freelance contract work for exciting and innovative organizations.
Progressive political work receives strong priority.
Activist Leadership Roles
October 2017 to present
Board Member, Secretary
September 2017 to Present
- Management - Managed paperwork, finances, and business decisions.
- Outreach - Worked with numerous attorneys and legal professionals in order to provide services and information.
- Advertising - Managed advertising of services and acted as the primary representative of the organization.
August 2017 to November 2017
- Community Outreach - Networked and worked with various other activist organizations.
- Communications - Communicated announcements to members and managed communications networks.
Outreach Director, then Vice President, then President of SSDP
Vice President, then President of Psychedelic Club
April 2016 to present
- Volunteer Management - Managed and helped organize volunteer activities, phonebanks, and canvassing sessions, including using tools like NGP VAN to target voter outreach.
- Phonebanking and Canvassing - Talked to hundreds of voters about why they should vote for our candidate.
- Event Organizer - Organized dozens of outreach events, meetings, and community building events.
- Organizer - Organized with various policy campaigns, including a Drug Checking campaign, a lower the drinking age campaign, two social use campaigns, and a psilocybin legalization campaign..
- Community Outreach - Organized with various other groups to collaborate in our activism and on our events.
- Tabling Organizer - Organized and represented the organization for recruiting and outreach efforts.
Volunteer Community Work
I've volunteered with dozens of organizations. Some highlights include:
National drug policy advocacy organization
Denver-based Syringe Access Program
- Researched the reported increase in juvenile marijuana arrests in Colorado after 2012 as an intern.
Sedona-based nonprofit thrift shop that donates all proceeds to a local women's shelter
- Worked syringe exchange table, helped interface participants with harm reduction services.
- Prepared and maintained harm reduction supplies.
- Assisted with neighborhood cleanup.
- Cleaned the shop.
- Assisted customers with heavy items.
- Identified and priced electronic items.
Various Other Notable Activist Work
- Tabled for Students For Sensible Drug Policy (SSDP) at multiple international conferences (SSDP 2017 and PsySci 2017)
- Collected signatures for I-300, Denver's Neighborhood Supported Cannabis Consumption Pilot Program
- Phonebanked and canvassed for Bernie Sanders 2016 Presidential Campaign
- Canvassed and helped with coalition-building for Amendment T, Colorado Removal of Exception to Slavery Prohibition for Criminals