Send me a message on my linkedin or email me at jamesagould123 (at) gmail.com.
What is this?
I am an activist, web developer, and harm reductionist.
This is a resume of my advocacy and activism work.
I'm looking for a job working on criminal justice reform or drug policy reform.
Activist Leadership Roles
March 2018 to present
July 2017 to present
- Management - Helped managed financial and business decisions for the continued operation of the organization.
- Development - Raised 120% of my fundraising commitment for the first year of my two year board term in the first 11 days of the term.
Outreach Director, then Vice President, then President of SSDP
Vice President, then President of Psychedelic Club
April 2016 to present
- Management - Managed paperwork, finances, and business decisions.
- Outreach - Worked with numerous attorneys and legal professionals in order to provide services and information.
- Advertising - Acted as the primary representative and spokesman of the organization.
Board Member, Secretary
September 2017 to Present
- Event Organizer - Organized dozens of outreach events, trainings, meetings, and community building events.
- Organizer - Organized with various policy campaigns, including a Drug Checking campaign, a lower the drinking age campaign, two social use campaigns, a campaign for supervised injection facilities and a campaign against the use of prison labor.
- Community Outreach - Organized with various other groups to collaborate in our activism and on our events and managed outreach to students.
- Lobbying - Lobbied with US representatives and members of congress, testified to the Colorado Senate.
August 2017 to November 2017
- Community Outreach - Networked and worked with various other activist organizations.
- Communications - Communicated announcements to members and managed communications networks.
- Volunteer Management - Managed and helped organize volunteer activities, phonebanks, and canvassing sessions, including using tools like NGP VAN to target voter outreach.
- Phonebanking and Canvassing - Talked to hundreds of voters about why they should vote for our candidate.
Various Other Notable Activist Work
- Member of the Steering Committee for the Boulder County Opioid Advisory Group, advised on drug policy as a community member and harm reductionist (2017-2018)
- Tabled for Students For Sensible Drug Policy (SSDP) at multiple international conferences (SSDP '17, PsySci '17, DPA Reform '17, SSDP '18)
- Researched the reported increase in minority juvenile marijuana arrests in Colorado after 2012 as an intern for the Drug Policy Alliance (2017-2018)
- Worked syringe exchange table, helped interface participants with harm reduction services and supplies as a volunteer at the Harm Reduction Action Center on numerous occasions (2016-2018)
- Collected signatures for I-300, Denver's Neighborhood Supported Cannabis Consumption Pilot Program (2016)
- Acted as Board Member for Boulder County Young Democrats, helped organize youth for Democratic party efforts in Boulder (2017-2018)
- Phonebanked and canvassed for Bernie Sanders 2016 Presidential Campaign (2016)
- Canvassed and helped with coalition-building for Amendment T, Colorado Removal of Exception to Slavery Prohibition for Criminals (2016)