Email me at jamesagould123 (at) gmail.com.
International nonprofit empowering student activists for drug policy reform.
Intern, Board Member, Chapter Leader - November 2015 to present
National nonprofit providing resources to assist in mitigation of criminal records.
- Peer Education - As drug education intern, prepared educational materials and educated high school students about drugs, harm reduction and drug policy.
- Development - As board member, raised 120% of my fundraising commitment for the first year of my two year board term in the first 11 days of the term.
- Event Organizing - As chapter leader, organized dozens of outreach events, trainings, meetings, and community building events.
- Organizing - As chapter leader, organized with numerous policy campaigns.
- Lobbying - As member, lobbied with US representatives and members of congress, testified to the Colorado Senate.
Founder and Executive Director - July 2017 to present
International nonprofit dedicated to reforming drug policy.
- Management - Managed paperwork, finances, and business decisions.
- Outreach - Worked with numerous attorneys and legal professionals in order to provide services and information.
- Communications - Developed resources, gathered allies and engaged media.
Intern - August 2017 to May 2018
Progressive Democratic Candidate for City Council Seat.
- Research - Researched the reported increase in minority juvenile marijuana arrests in Colorado post-legalization. Utilized state-specific version of FOIA requests (CORA) and interfaced with various government agencies.
Field Manager - August 2017 to November 2017
- Organizing - Managed and organized volunteer outreach activities. Used demographics data to target voter outreach. Personally engaged with hundreds of voters.
Other Notable Experience
- Served on the Steering Committee for the Boulder County Opioid Advisory Group
- Acted as secretary for Boulder County Young Democrats
- Represented Students for Sensible Drug Policy at multiple international conferences
- Frequently volunteered with the Harm Reduction Action Center, a syringe exchange
- Campaigned for Denver's Neighborhood Supported Cannabis Consumption Pilot Program
- Campaigned for Colorado Removal of Exception to Slavery Prohibition for Criminals
- Engaged in voter outreach efforts with Bernie Sanders 2016 Presidential Campaign
- Attended and facilitated numerous Naloxone and harm reduction trainings
- Advised employees of the University of Colorado Boulder on drug education programs
- Volunteered with Boulder County Public Health researching Naloxone access
Web Development Work
Although not directly relevant to my objective with this resume, I’ve held a number of web development jobs since teaching myself how to program.
These employers can testify that I’m a hard worker with an aptitude for teamwork. Some highlights include:
Web Development Contractor: Wordpress, Front End Development and Design
October 2017 to present
Full Stack Developer: C#, Sitecore, HTML & CSS preprocessors
May 2015 to March 2017
Nov 2013 to April 2015
References can be provided on inquiry.